1/04/2012

new year 2012!

So as I've mentioned, I spent my new year's in Oulu, central Finland with my boyfriend. We stayed at his parents' house (= his childhood home) and I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else, or with anyone else. I enjoyed my time there and it felt so BLAH to come back home (I flew from Oulu to Helsinki yesterday).

As I didn't post anything while I was there, it's time for new year's wishes:

VERY HAPPY AND WONDERFUL NEW YEAR 2012! 

Personally I think this year is going to be different, amazing and memorable.

I decided that in this post I'm gonna tell about my trip to Oulu and I will post later about the year 2011 (like a summary or recap of the year). I call my boyfriend J here because it's easier to write.


Helsinki-Vantaa airport, where's the snow?

So I flew to Oulu on Thursday. It was just about two o'clock pm and it was already getting dark there (J's dad told me later that the bright time of the day lasts only about 2-4 hours during the winter months..) :D J was already at the airport by car to meet me. It was like I had come to another country - a lot of snow, darkness and it was a bit colder than in Helsinki.



During the first evening I met J's parents (and I can tell that I was nervous, it was the first time someone took me to meet his parents..!) and one of J's best friends with whom we went to J's brother's place to just hang around :) a lot of new, nice people! Later that evening we had a little incident - a little piece of J's tooth broke off and he doesn't - lightly expressed - LIKE dentists so he was a little distracted because of that. Luckily he got it taken care off already the next morning. On Friday after the dentist we went to Oulu's market hall for morning coffees. The market hall reminded the one in Helsinki (Hakaniemi market hall) - for example fresh fish, bakery products and some textiles/handwork products were sold there.





Later that day we saw a few of J's friends and went around some shops in Oulu with them. We also went to buy some wines and drinks and J and his brother made also jello shots (I hadn't tasted those before and now, no, can't call them delicious :D!) for the next day (NYE).





J's friends wanted to go for drinks and to a bar already on Friday but we didn't go along as we both were having a flu (as did J's parents too). I also wanted to save some energy for new years eve :-D
On Saturday we went to sauna, dressed up for party and went to J's brother's house to spend the evening. Eventually there were quite a lot of people and everyone was more or less drunk! in the night we left to another place to celebrate the midnight. 



We had some fireworks but not anything big (thank god, I'm afraid of them). The year turned to another by kissing and hugging with my own J and I wouldn't have wanted to be with anyone else :) happiness <3

We left the place after 2.30am, some people went to a bar but we went to J's brother's place with J to sleep and so on. In the morning a woke up to feel a terrible headache. okay I admit it was a hangover. At some point we went to J's parents' house just to spend the hangover-day by lying around and sleeping and eating and watching TV. That's how we spent Sunday.





On Monday we went to see the new Sherlock Holmes -movie with J's friend and his girlfriend. I liked the movie even though it was quite a long. After the movie we went to eat to an Indian restaurant (I hadn't tried before) and it was good, even though I wasn't that hungry after eating candies during the movie. On Tuesday we didn't do anything special except packing because I left in the afternoon. J drove me to the airport. I could have stayed longer because I had good time there and especially - good company! My flight was about half an hour late and my uncle came to pick me up from the airport. J stayed there for one night still, he comes home today by train. Now I'm just home trying to get rid of this stupid flu! >:(

No comments:

Post a Comment