1/06/2012

recap of the year 2011


...or at least the things that I remember! I've been looking for my last year's calendar so that I could check out what has happened, but I haven't found it.. but let's see what I can recall.

January 2011

- we had A LOT of snow here in Finland
- I had quite a many parties (not school parties but private ones)
- I went on with my studies as the second semester began
- I stopped riding as I hadn't enough time for the pony that I rode a few times a week :(



February 2011

- I just can't recall anything special for this month.. I guess I was mainly looking for apartments, studying studying and studying



March 2011

- just the basic studying and student parties (I also got to know the guy I'm now in a relationship with!)
- I was stressed because I didn't have an apartment to move to (I had to move because of a renovation work)
- I broke my black touch-screen mobile that I really liked!! :(

April 2011

- I got a study place from the University of Valencia for the spring 2012
- The concert of Enrique Iglesias! ;)
- Moving to another apartment, I got the apartment just a week before I had to move. I hate moving!
- LOB-cruise (Laurea on the boat) to Stockholm - the cruise of partying and having a hangover
- We celebrated the 1st of May already on the 30th of April, as usual in Finland, fun time with random persons!


May 2011

- The second semester of school finished
- I bought a smart phone and it was hard to use at first :D
- We went to Holland with my friend to see my other friend who was there as an exchange student! The place was the Hague and we had a lot of fun! Our flights were via Riga and we had a loot of time to see that city too.
- I started working in a café / summer terrace place at the same time with my other job in an advertisement office (since August 2010). A lot of work but I liked it there.


@the Hague


@Riga


@Riga


June 2011

- At the beginning of June I worked A LOT as I had two jobs
- I went to our summer cottage (I hadn't been there in a few years) to "celebrate" the Midsummer
- I went to Kaivohuone quite a many times, okay, a lot less than last year :-D







July 2011

- still a few parties at Kaivohuone (for example celebrating the 4th of July - the theme was America as can be expected :D)
- my friend who we visited in Holland came back to Finland
- I spent a week at another summer cottage with my relatives and two dogs:)







August 2011

- We spent one night in a hotel in Tampere as our family friend got married there
- We took a day cruise with my three friends to Tallinn, Estonia! My first time there, which is weird among Finns that usually visit Tallinn many times per year
(ps. you can find own posts for these happenings earlier in this blog :-)






^ a few picures from Tampere






...and from Tallinn

September 2011

- Studies began again and so I began to work at our school's restaurant every other week as a part of our studies
- Student parties! I started to have a thing going on with the guy that I'm now in a relationship with :-) also a few private parties that my friends organized
- I moved back to my previous apartment as the renovation work was finished, this is my REAL home :)
- I turned 20 years old!




October 2011

- I had my birthday / housewarming party in my tiny apartment
- I started riding again!
- I had the first real date with J :-)
- We had our school's Halloween party and a pre-party at my apartment, I dressed up as a cowgirl :D
- I started to make my friend familiarized with my job because she's going to take it over next spring as I'm then in Spain
- We made our relationship official with J <3


© Maria F.

November 2011

- Another LOB-cruise (that student cruise thing), visiting Stockholm
- For the first time a guy introduced me to his relatives - I met J's sister & cousin and their husbands
- I bought my flight to Valencia for January 20th




December 2011

- I was working at my boss's birthday party as "a waitress"
- I had a few pre-Christmas parties and a few other parties
- I was stressed (big time) because of all the school stuff and presentations and projects
- I spent Christmas in a traditional way
- Spending New Year's in Oulu with J :-)



So that's about all the "special things" I can recall from last year.
...And I can tell, writing this took me like, several hours :D

No comments:

Post a Comment