3/05/2012

weekend

My weekend with the flu: school work, handkerchieves, sniffling, Pepsi, food, Californication, lollipops, nails, the Body Shop's Coconut products, frustration, sadness, happiness, laundry, Cosmopolitan (Spanish!!).

On Friday I had the morning classes (i HATE 8.30 classes, especially as I don't have any other classes that day, feels so useless to wake up so early just for those classes). I felt terrible (I think I had fever), it felt like I could pass out at any moment. I did a lot of school work that day and still didn't get those notes done (a powerpoint -presentation of 43 pages..). I also visited Mercadona and in the evening some Finnish people came to our place. I would have enjoyed the company a lot more if I hadn't felt so weak and tired. Even though I felt like that, I couldn't sleep until 2.30 or so. Blah.



Spanish economy ... <3

On Saturday I felt even worse. Everytime I wanted to get up from the bed I felt like fainting. Luckily the kitchen and the bathroom are right next to my room. I gathered energy for quite a many hours by eating and watching Californication (one season in one day .. nicely done!) and finally I got up and ready to go to Mercadona (I was about to run out of Pepsi.. and I also wanted something goood). Just a quick visit and then back to home, but I still guess it was good to have even a little bit of fresh air. Then I just continued with Californication.

On Sunday, today, I've been feeling a bit better. Okay I'm sniffling all the time but at least I don't feel like fainting anymore. I have still taken it easy, watching (surprise surprise) Californication and so on. I visited one store (the only one open on Sunday) to get more Pepsi (yea i know.. too addicted) and some chocolate. And I have to say that I actually liked the weather today even though it was very cloudy - still +24 degrees! Cloudy days are rare in here, so I've started to appreciate them more. And on sunny days, I always feel obligated to go out even if there wasn't anything special to do. Today, I didn't feel obligated to go there but I went because I wanted. Got it? I don't mean that I wouldn't like the fact that the sun is often shining but I just appreciate different types of weather in a different way now.

During these quite boring days I've had particularly much time to think about everything. Even too much time, I'd say. My thoughts could also be described as homesickness. Well it hasn't been as bad as during the first weeks here, but the point is that as I've been feeling weak and lonely, I've missed someone to take care of me and to be near me. I've missed my family, my friends and - especially - J. People I love. My own apartment. Someone to hug me. Or to just be near to me. As I said to J one day, I can't wait to see my sister - well of course because I miss her - but also because I just want to get a proper hug! Without even mentioning how much I'm waiting for seeing J himself..! After all, I'm quite physical person and I need the closeness. I knew it before, but not until now I realize how much I need that. M (sister), promise me you hug me tightly then (in 10 days we'll be there, in Barcelona)!

PS. There's one more thing I miss a lot..........



From weheartit.com

From weheartit.com; "down to earth"
Don't take that in a wrong way, I don't drink much, but the fact that ciders are not popular (or good..) here (and I don't drink beer) makes me miss my favorite cider a lot!!

2 comments:

  1. I think being sick brings out the homesickness in everyone and I completely know where you're coming from on wanting a proper hug. When I went out of state for university after a month or two I was craving a big hug or physical contact (without anything else). Hope you have a great time with your sister soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, too much time to think! I've never really thought about physical contact and hugging as a special issue because I've taken them for granted, but now that the situation is different I've realized how inevitable it is to me to be near someone and so on.
      I promise we will have a great time in Barcelona :)

      Delete