4/20/2012

friiiiiday

walking to the school, at 8.30am
University campus

I can tell you I wasn't too happy this morning when my phone woke me up at 7.30 - after 5 hours of sleep. Okay it was partly my own fault as I couldn't go to bed earlier, but once I did, I still couldn't sleep. My morning also included make-up problems and clothing problems so I was a bit late for school, once again (but after this kind of morning I'm proud of the fact that I actually made it to the school!). And by the way, that's one bad habit I've adopted here in Spain - being late for school.

I've always been quite punctual with school in Finland. Before starting to study in Laurea University of Applied Sciences, I was always on time - seriously, every day. Sometimes I had to run to school because I didn't want to be late. In Laurea, there's the issue called public transportation. I hate the fact that I'm dependent on buses to get to the school. Because of them I've been late a few times. Not often, but still a few times. And here? Everyone's late. If you go to school 5 minutes before the class, the room is probably empty. The teachers don't usually care if people come late - they also come late. I've seen people coming 45 minutes late and the teachers haven't said anything. Of course there are exceptions - one of my teachers is very strict about the timings (I'm never late for his lectures :-D). He usually doesn't let people in after he has started the lecture and I can't blame him - if I was the teacher, I would be irritated because of all the people opening and shutting the door after the lecture has began. But my point is that people are not very punctual here and I've also adopted that habit. For me it's usually 5 to 15 minutes - not 45 minutes as for some people - but I still have to get rid of the habit before going back to Finland!

Classroom buildings

Well. After the class I stayed at school and tried get some Spanish economy stuff done but my work wasn't very successful. When I was leaving I ran into Nina and stayed there still a while with her. On my way home I was taking some random pictures (as you can see) and one guy thought that I took a picture of him and came to ask me if I wanted him to take a picture of me. I refused and kept on walking. Well, he followed me and asked where I was from, why I was taking pictures, who I am, do I like Spain, how long I've been in Valencia ... and so on. He was funny, laughed all the time. He was quite new in Valencia, from Barcelona, doing some final project etc. here. He kept on asking about Finland and called me "his new Finnish friend" after a few minutes, weird people around here! haha.
I agreed to probably have a coffee with him some day.

University buildings and the parking area

By the way, apparently I took the wind with me from Málaga! I wonder how my windows are still in place as it's been so windy today and yesterday. I wish tomorrow would be better because we have planned on going to the beach!

2 comments:

  1. Hei! Kiitti kommentista minkä kävit jättää valencia -blogiini! :) Jään ehottomasti seuraamaan, tiiä vaikka ikävä sinne helpottas (tai pahenis, hehe) :D :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiva kuulla! :) joo, koitan laittaa mahdollisimman hirveitä kuvia ettei ikävä pääse pahentumaan! no ei, haha :D ei täältä ees hirveitä kuvia sa, varsinkaan tässä vaiheessa kevättä!

      Delete