I take a sensible risk and I'm gonna write about something a bit
private. Usually I write at a more general level, but this time I want
to discuss something that has been keeping my mind occupied for a while.
It's about commenting on other people's private issues like preferences, tastes, and here - appearance.
You don't comment on someone's overweight, right? You don't say to
other people that they look ugly, right? You see that someone has skin
problems but you don't comment on their bad skin, right? So, why do you
think you are justified to comment on someone's underweight? After all,
it all comes down to the fact that people just don't have the right to
comment on others' appearance - it's everyone's private issue, at least
if you don't know the whole situation. If you know that someone has been
trying to loose some weight for a long time, of course it's okay then
to comment on how he/she looks like having done it successfully. But if
you don't know about the total situation, think about it before
saying or commenting. Underweight can be a problem insofar as
overweight. It can make someone feel as bad or as ugly as overweight. It
can be as offensive and as sensitive issue as overweight to someone.
People just don't see it that way, why?
![]() |
| weheartit.com |
I wanted to write about this because this is a sensitive issue for me. I
know I'm underweight and I seriously don't like people to comment on
that fact. I already feel unattractive and I find my appearance ugly
because of that, so I don't need anyone to comment or remind me of it
because I'm aware of it and for me it's the same as if someone called me
ugly to my face. You don't know how much I've been working on that
issue, how much frustration, depression or work I've experienced by far.
If I have finally achieved the right direction mentally, I don't need
any drawbacks in form of insults from people who don't know about the
things they're intervening in.
![]() |
| weheartit.com |
So, please, I just want you to think about it for a while. If you don't
know the whole situation (as you usually don't), keep those thoughts to
yourself, because after all, are you justified to comment on people's
private issues? Some things have different meanings to different people,
and they can be much more sensitive to some people than to others. If
you don't know how your comment will affect the other person, keep it to
yourself. I've spoken.
![]() |
| weheartit.com |



No comments:
Post a Comment