How nice is it that the city isn't dead even though it's Sunday? During the spring I had a serious problem with Sundays because there were nothing to do. But in Barcelona? There's too much to do even on Sunday! So, I can't say that yesterday would have been boring in any way :-)
First I took a metro from Clot station to Placa Catalunya. The weather was perfect, and now that I've been here in the springtime, in the fall time and in the summertime, I can definitely say that this city is at its best during the summer. Las Ramblas looked amazing. And it was filled with people (once again - even on Sunday!). There were a lot of little stands and tents that sold jewelry, bags, accessories, clothes.... everything. And there were also those artists who drew portraits of people. And of course street artists, including one that I remembered from my last time (March) :-) familiar!
I felt so good to be in Barcelona again that I just walked there on Las Ramblas with a stupid smile on my face. I also bought Kinder -flavor ice cream, that's something I can't get anymore in Finland :( I went to the port and I visited the Maremagnum shopping center as it is the only shopping center that is open on Sundays. When going back towards Placa Catalunya I also found myself on the nearby streets, for example I was at the Placa Reial where I hadn't been before. Always something new in Barcelona! Also, I hadn't realized that the (gothic) Cathedral is so close to Las Ramblas. I took a metro back to Clot station from Placa Catalunya.
It was already 6pm but I still wanted to test the hotel's pool. Unfortunately the sunshine didn't reach that area anymore because it's somehow between two buildings. But it was still warm and I wanted to test the pool (which was smaller than I had thought). The water was warm, but I wasn't there for long.
In the evening I still left the hotel to find a market. I knew from Valencia that OpenCors are open on Sunday and they have quite a large variety of everything so I decided to find one. I checked from Google Maps and there were one close to Sagrada Familia, so not far from my hotel. So, I also got to see Sagrada Familia once again. it was beautiful in the evening sun. I found the OpenCor, bought food, pepsi, ice tea, and candies, so I was happy. Later I watched the Portugal - Netherlands football match. Too bad that there are two matches coming at the same time these days! I would have wanted to see the Denmark - Germany match also... It was shown on another channel so I tried to watch them both but it was hard. Today there's the same problem, of course I'm gonna watch the Spanish match (against Croatia) but I would also like to see the other - Italy vs Ireland match. Hmh.
![]() |
| <3 |














No comments:
Post a Comment